As the name implies, The Old Mill Restaurant has been around for a long time.  The structure was originally built in the late 1850’s by two brothers from Lancshire England, and has gone through several changes and owners over the years. 

In 1949 it became a restaurant using the old framework and beams while preserving the twin hand hew posts in the main dining room.  Dave and Ann Forland, owners since 1988 are continuing to carry on the tradition of one of the most historic restaurants in southern Minnesota.

Ramsey Mill History Part One

Ramsey Mill History Part Two